MTA Search Does Not Work As Expected When Using SLEEP_INTERVAL Parameter
(Doc ID 2014049.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : BRM 18.104.22.168.0 version, MTA
MTA search does not work as expected with SLEEP_INTERVAL feature.
- A custom MTA application is prepared and configured with SLEEP_INTEVAL = 30 seconds in the pin conf file ( LOOP_FOREVER parameter is also enabled )
- pin_mta loop_forever 1
- pin_mta sleep_interval 30
- As per the custom MTA app, it polls for new records in a custom table every 30 seconds (SLEEP_INTEVAL = 30) by triggering a pcm_op_search opcode
- When the custom is app is executed, this is what happens :
- First PCM_OP_SEARCH is triggered, it finds no new records in the custom table
- Second PCM_OP_SEARCH is triggered after 30 seconds, it finds a new record in the custom table , the custom app processes the record further
- Third PCM_OP_SEARCH is NOT triggered, after 30 seconds
It is observed that after the (second) search finds a record and fetches it, then no more search is fired after the configured interval in sleep_interval
Third PCM_OP_SEARCH is triggered, after 30 seconds from the second search
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document