Last updated on MAY 27, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52 version, Memory Based Planner
Safety Stock MRSL days is not respected by ASCP plan. The wrong lot is used for Safety Stock, and the planned order is not generated
Plan type is Constrained without Detailed scheduling, with MRSL turned on.
Organization A has Safety Stock. On hand is in Organization B.
Scenario is as follows:
1. Safety Stock of 8 in Organization A due from start of the plan
2. There is no On hand inventory in Organization A
3. Organization A sources item from Organization B using a sourcing rule
4. There is on hand of 82 in Organization B with expiration date of 01-Aug-2015
5. Safety Stock MRSL days of 180 is specified for item in Organization A
6. Todays date (plan start date) is 26-Feb-2015
7. On hand lot in Organization B does not have enough remaining shelf life to be used for Safety Stock in Organization A
Expected result would have been a new planned order created in Organization B, as the On hand lot is not good for the Safety Stock demand. However, the plan does not create a new planned order.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
(1) Run the Constrained Without Detailed scheduling Plan. MRSL is on.
(2) Note the issue mentioned above.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms