How To Configure RAC Database For Demantra Web Apps And Analytical Engine Deployment
(Doc ID 2015156.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Demantra Advanced Forecasting and Demand Modeling - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is licensed for the following Demantra modules:
• Demantra Demand Management(DM)
• Advanced Forecasting and Demand Management(AFDM)
• Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
Customer has the following question
1. While configuring data sources for Demantra 184.108.40.206 jdbc.DemantraDS, I couldn't find a place to provide RAC details. I created the data source using the single node of RAC database. Please let me know how to configure jdbc.DemantraDS for RAC database.
2. While configuring ds.ini for Demantra Analytical Engine, I couldn't find how to specify RAC database. Do I need to provide scan vip against "Supply DB Host Name"? If we don't intend to use scan, is there way of specifying multiple server specific vips
We are currently doing the following:
apdmupg1@hnivcpapp202 lib$ cd $ENGINE_ROOT/bin
apdmupg1@hnivcpapp202 bin$ ./createDSInEngineRoot.sh
Supply DB Host Name
Supply schema name(username)
Supply schema password for demantra
Supply Database Port
executing : ../../tools/ds_config.sh DBMS=ORA servername=xxxxxx Tnsname=xxxxxx logid=demantra logpassword=xxxxxx Database=xxxxx DBPorT=1111 file=/ds.ini
Oracle Demantra Data Source Configuration Tool
Using JAVA_HOME: /u05/demupg1/jdk17079
Check If Got Java Version 1.5.0_XX OR 1.6.0_XX.
Current Java Version Supported.
Oracle Demantra Data Source Configuration Process Started...
2015-05-05 15:39:58,968 CDT main DEBUG appserver.system: Configuration file loaded > /u05/demupg1/DemantraEngine/tools/conf/logconf.lcf
2015-05-05 15:39:58,976 CDT main DEBUG appserver.system: Logs will be dumped to /u05/demupg1/DemantraEngine/tools/logs/ble.log
2015-05-05 15:39:58,989 CDT main DEBUG appserver.system: The DB Connection details were saved.
Oracle Demantra Data Source Configuration Process Ended...
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|