Last updated on JANUARY 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management - Version 7.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The dropdown characteristic are not being correctly reset if they are set in a hierarchy dependent way.
The steps to reproduce the issue are:
2. Add 3 characteristics of type drop down (I will further call them: drop_down1, drop_down2, drop_down3)
3. For drop_down1 go to Characteristics tab (in data schemas). In the drop down options select entity link and select test.
4. For drop_down2, go to Characteristics tab (in data schemas). In the drop down options select query, for the parameter select drop_down1, and for the body insert the following script: select o.child.name from PlaceRel o where o.parent.name = ?
5. For drop_down3, go to Characteristics tab (in data schemas). In the drop down options select query, for the parameter select drop_down2, and for the body insert the following script: select o.child.name from PlaceRel o where o.parent.name = ?
6. Deploy the cartridge
7. In GUI, create the following hierarchy(by using the place specification created at step 1) and filling in only the name attribute:
place 2(child of place 1)
place 3(child of place 2)
place 4(child of place 1)
place 5(child of place 4)
8. Create place number 6. in order to do that:
8.1 For drop down 1 select place1
8.2 For drop down 2 select place2
8.3 For drop down 3 select place3
8.4 Now go to drop down 1 and select place 3
8.5 For drop down 3 in the interface we still remain with place3 filled in, which is not correct because drop down 3 loads the children of drop down 2 and drop down2 at this step is empty(because place3 has no other children in the hierarchy). In this case, drop down 3 should also have an empty value automatically.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms