Japanese (Asian) Characters Do Not Print Correctly With Customer Print Template
Last updated on JUNE 21, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management for Process - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Agile PLM for Process 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199, Printing / Reporting
Find that if a user is logged in with Japanese language (UI shows Japanese characters) the report is not appearing in correct Japanese characters. The Japanese characters do appear as boxes.
Furthermore the printed fields seem to be right aligned instead of left aligned.
The customer uses his own print template.
What can be done that the Japanese characters print correctly?
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Change UI Language and Free Text Language to Japanese in Profile and Preference section
2. Log out and login to the application again to have these changes take effect
3. Open any packaging spec and click on Print option
4. Select customer's Print Report
5. Print the report
6. Boxes can be seen instead of Japanese characters for example in the fields Spec Name and attribute names. Furthermore the fields are not displayed as expected in the report but they seem to be right aligned.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms