BRM Does Not Calculate Refund For A Charge Event Which Corresponds To Rate Change Period
(Doc ID 2016016.1)
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On all versions of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) up to 7.4.0 PS23 and 7.5.0 PS11, in the following use case:
1. A Monthly Recurring Cycle (MRC) product with multiple rate tiers for change in rate (for example, a deal having $0.00 till 30-Mar-2015 and from 31-Mar-2015 a rate of $30.00).
2. When a backdated purchase is performed after the rate change date and with purchase effective date prior to rate change date (for example, for D000355 purchase on 04-Apr-2015 with effective date as 04-Mar-2015).
3. The charge event generated for the rate change period has a flag set as 8389888 (i.e. 0x800500 which is 0x800000 + 0x500 or PIN_RATE_FLG_RATE_CHG + 0x500).
4. Now during backdated cancellation with effective date prior to rate change date, BRM is not generating the refund event for the charged event which corresponds to rate change period (i.e. the event mentioned above). In this context, the backdated cancellation was effective from 04-Mar-2015.
5. It was found that during cancellation BRM executes a search to get charged events eligible for refund using a search flist which is not considering events having cycle flag set as 8389888.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document