Duplicate UINs Are Allowed to be Received in a Warehouse Delivery
Last updated on AUGUST 26, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This article will be updated as official patch becomes available.
In the Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, we find that SIM allows receipt of duplicate Unique Identification Numbers (UINs) during warehouse receiving, when the existing UIN is in "In Stock" status.
Steps to Recreate:
- Find an item for which UINs are allowed.
- Find a UIN for an item that is in "In Stock" status.
- Create an Advance Ship Notice (ASN) for the item.
- In SIM, receive the ASN and enter the existing UIN ID during receiving.
- Find that SIM allows receipt of duplicate UINs.
- Also find that the stock on hand for the item is incremented.
- Try to receive the same UIN via inventory adjustment for the same item and note that the system shows "Serial number XXXX is currently in stock and cannot be included on the adjustment for the selected reason".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms