RMS Item Induction - 'UOM Does Not Exist' Error When Valid Selling UOM Included in Spreadsheet
(Doc ID 2018441.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Even though valid Selling UOM is included in RPM_ITEM_ZONE_PRICE spreadsheet when doing item induction, user encounters the error message 'UOM does not exist' as the code is checking a NULL standard UOM, as this was not included in the spreadsheet.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a spreadsheet for inducting items, making sure there is an RPM_ITEM_ZONE_PRICE worksheet as part of the template. The fields to be included in the RPM_ITEM_ZONE_PRICE spreadsheet should be as follows:
• Action – Will always be ‘Update’ per base functionality
• Item – ‘7148384’ in our example
• Zone Id – ‘1’ in our example
• Selling Retail – ‘$15.00’ in our example
• Selling Uom – ‘EA’ in our example
There are no other fields that are required per base code/functionality.
2. Upload the spreadsheet.
3. Notice that the spreadsheet uploads successfully, thus validating that all the correct worksheets and fields within the worksheets are present.
4. Now since there are no errors, upload the staging tables into base Retail Merchandising System(RMS) tables using the ‘Upload to RMS’ button. Notice the asynchronous process has completed successfully.
5. Notice that although the process has completed successfully, there are errors that have occurred during processing.
6. When viewing the errors, notice that user get a ‘Unit of measure does not exist’ error while processing ‘Rpm_Item_Zone_Price’.
7. Query the SVC_RPM_ITEM_ZONE_PRICE table and notice that SELLING_UOM is ‘EA’, which is a valid UOM.
8. Notice that STANDARD_UOM is NULL, as this was not part of the spreadsheet, which is fine and was not indicated as a problem while uploading.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document