Point-of-Service Client Does Not Start Up if EnableDashboard is Enabled and Original Cashier from Sale Transaction Does Not Exist in the System
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.0.2 to 14.0.3 [Release 14.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to launch the Point-of-Service (ORPOS) client after enabling the 'EnableDashboard' parameter, the client does not start up if the original cashier from the sale transaction does not exist in the system. The following is reported in the client log:
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Enable 'EnableDashboard' as follows:
2. Create an employee X from Back Office (BO) with a role assigned that has Sale and Return privileges.
3. Complete a sale in ORPOS as employee X.
4. Delete the employee record from the BO database.
5. Launch the ORPOS client.
6. Note that the above exception is reported. The client will not launch or it will freeze on the Dashboard screen trying to populate the Sales Associate Prod Report.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms