Excess Planned Order Created When Same Planned Order Supply Pegged To Safety Stock And Sales Order With MRSL Days
(Doc ID 2021094.1)
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11 version, Memory Based Planner
1. Plan Type is "Constrained without detailed scheduling"
2. Item A in Org A has an open sales order of qty 1. MRSL days on sales order = 395 days
3. The same item in this org has Safety stock level of 5 due today and safety stock level of 20 due after a few buckets
4. Org A sources this sku from rank 1 org B
5. There is no existing supply in A, There is 168 qty On hand in Org B with expiration date way out in the future.
After the plan run:
1. 2 planned orders generated: one for qty 25 and another for qty 20
2. the extra planned order of 20 is not needed.
Total Planned order supply quantity needed in Org A is 25: 20 to bring inventory level up to target safety stock value and 1 unit out of 5 to fulfill the sales order.
Qty 25 is generated because there is a fixed lot multiplier of 5 units.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Advanced Supply Chain Planner Responsibility
2. Launch Plan
3. View Plan results
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document