Last updated on JUNE 13, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Why does the Ejournal show an incorrect balance for Credit/Debit or Gift Card void transactions?
Steps to Recreate:
Prerequisites: set the 'POSGFCardTenderEntryRequired' parameter as 'true' in the application.properties file.
1. Log into Oracle Retail Point-of-Service (ORPOS).
2. Issue a gift card for $100.
3. Ring an item 1234 with quantity 10.
4. Perform partial tender with Gift Card amount $10. Electronic Journal (EJ) records the balance as $90 since the authorization happened here synchronously.
5. Press Esc key and cancel the transaction. Now ORPOS reverses the previously approved amount $10 asynchronously; hence now the value of the gift card comes back to $100 if the approval succeeds. EJ is not recorded here.
6. If you do a gift card inquiry it should show $100 now.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms