Wrong Subordinate Amount for Autotrigger+skipped Bills
(Doc ID 2024100.1)
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Hierarchical billing involving the parent and the non-paying child accounts, In the first cycle only sub-ordinate billing is done and the parent billing is skipped. Now moving the pvt to next cycle and doing some activity for the parent account to auto trigger billing for the parent without billing the child account. Then after 2 days in the same billing cycle do final billing on the sub-ordinate and the parent accounts. Now after the same subordinates are summed-up into the parent bills for ever. It happens when an auto-trigger+skipped bill is created while the subordinates items were already billed.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
2. Set Delayed billing on (config_billing_delay=3)
3. Create billing account (BDOM=1)
4. Create a purchased bundle (optional)
5. Add a service with subordinate billinfo, balance group, products (cfwd fee $50 prorated = $27.42)
6. Set pin_virtual_time to 06 Jan 2015 10:05
7. Launch billing for subordinate billinfo (but NOT the parent!) => subordinate amount = $50 + $27.42 = $77.42.
8. Set pin_virtual_time to 06 Feb 2015 10:05
9. Purchase a product (purchase fee 299) & trigger auto-billing on the parent
a.A skipped bill for period 15 Dec to 1 Jan is generated: 77.42 + 10% tax = 85.16 (correct)
b.partial billing is done for period 1-Jan to 1-Feb
10. Set pin_virtual_time to 08 Feb 2015 10:05
11. Launch final billing on subordinate and parent
a. Bill for period 1-Jan to 1-Feb should be $50 + 10% tax ($55), but total_due is 132.42 (subordinate amount $77.42 for period 15-Dec to 1-Jan was picked up a second time!)
b.Set pin_virtual_time to 06 Mar 2015 10:05
12. Launch final billing on subordinate and parent
a. Bill for period 1-Feb to 1-Mar should be $50+$299 + 10%tax ($383.9) but total_due is 461.32 instead! (subordinate amount $77.42 for period 15-Dec to 1-Jan was picked up a third time!)
13.The subordinate item is then picked up for ever…
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document