Copy Record Does Not Blank Revision Field after Creating New Version in Batch
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Agile e18.104.22.168 / e22.214.171.124
When copying a document that is created as in batch as a new revision, the revision field in the original document appears with a default revision value instead of blank.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new string DEFAULT in Default Data list with an empty value.
T_DEFAULT.C_NAME T_DEFAULT.C_USER T_DEFAULT.C_TYPE T_DEFAULT.C_VALUE
BLANK GLOBAL S <blank> ( do not enter a value )
2. Open Entity Data form and load "EDB-DOCUMENT".
3. Change default value for field.
T_DOC_DAT.DOC_VERSION from 0 to @BLANK
4. Click button "Create Table/View".
5. Open Menu data form and load "EDB-VER-DOC-COP".
6. Add a new selection to create a new revision in batch
Selection Name Sequence Selection Text Access Userexit Parameter
SUP-CRM-CWA-STR-BAT 99 "With all Str Batch" a xcpy_str "all /ver /batch".
7. Restart the Java Client.
8. Create a new document - e.g. 3D_MODEL.
Double Check that Revision field has no (blank) value.
9. Execute status Change from 110 - In Work to > 120 > 230 > 240 - In Change.
10. Execute context menu selection to create a new revision in batch
Revisioning > Create a New Revision > "With all Str Batch"
11. Find new record having Revision field value 1.
12. In the same form, click copy button (usx: iwf_dup_elm).
13. Find mask with new record in edit mode, but Revision field not empty - keeps value 1.
Error does not occur,
when default BLANK has any value - occurs only with <blank> value
Error does not occur,
when opening a new document mask to create a copy from any existing doc,
after creating new revision in batch
Prerequisites to reproduce the issue:
field default @BLANK with default BLANK has no value when creating the new revision in batch.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms