Last updated on DECEMBER 16, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.0.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Once items are deleted from the Retail Merchandising System (RMS) application, they are not getting deleted from Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS), as batch_orpos_extract.ksh is not picking up the correct change_type. In place of DEL, ADD is getting picked up.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a transaction level item in RMS. TRAN_TYPE 1 and 2 gets populated in POS_MODS table.
- Run the batch orpos_extract.ksh and see that CHANGE_TYPE in ORPOS_PRELOAD_ITEM_TEMP is recorded as 'ADD' which is expected.
- Also the item gets exported to ORPOS.
- Now, mark the same item for deletion in RMS.
- While the item status is in 'Delete Pending' in RMS, update item_description and then see that TRAN_TYPE 10 gets populated in POS_MODS table.
- Execute dlyprg job to delete the item permanently which was in delete pending status.
- After deletion of item from RMS, TRAN_TYPE 21, 22 gets populated in POS_MODS table.
- Now run the batch_orpos_extract.ksh once again.
- See that the based on previous TRAN_TYPE's as 22,21,10,1,2, still the CHANGE_TYPE recorded in ORPOS_PRELOAD_ITEM_TEMP is 'ADD' instead of 'DEL'.
- Issue is that the item deletion information is not going to ORPOS whereas the item was already deleted in RMS application.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms