XITEM API Gives Error when New Item-sup-country is Added With Dimensions
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ItemSuppCountry (ISC) and itemSuppCountryDim (ISCD) records are not getting created in RMS when running XItemSupctyCreate message and the following error is faced:
"Could not update database record. Program: ITEM_SUPP_COUNTRY_SQL.UPDATE_ISC_DIM Table: ITEM_SUPP_COUNTRY_DIM Item: 1197441960 Supplier: 300782 Origin_Country: KR"
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Create a new item (style-sku-upc) using RMSSUB_XITEM_SQL API making sure all the attributes (item-supplier,item-supplier-country,item-supplier-country-dimesion,cost,item-country) are initialized correctly.
- Call RMSSUB_XITEM_SQL API with message type xitemcre.
- Check if item is created successfully.
- Add a new country for the supplier with dimension for the new country.
- Call RMSSUB_XITEM_SQL with message_type xitemsupctycre.
- The API will fail with an error mentioned in description
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms