Manual Replenishment and Forward Pick Location Operation at the Same Time Causes Loss of Inventory
(Doc ID 2027551.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 04, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 13.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a user is performing manual replenishment on the handheld and a second user is using the GUI for de-associating an item from a picking location (forward pick location) at same time, stock differences are resulting.
Steps to Reproduce:
- INBOUND_UNIT_QTY and DISTRIBUTED_UNIT_QTY from PICK_FROM_LOC table must be 0
- Containers to be used: C1,C2,C3
- Location: L1
1. With the handheld, user UA performs a manual replenishment from container C1 to pick location L1 (MANUAL REPLEN screen)
2. Using the GUI, user UB adjusts stock of location L1 to 0, using FORWARD PICKING LOCATION EDITOR screen, and leaves screen to previous menu.
3. With the handheld, user UA performs a manual replenishment from container C2 to pick location L1 (MANUAL REPLEN screen).
4. With the handheld, user UA performs a manual replenishment from container C3 to pick location L1:
- enter container C3. FROM LOCATION ID ITEM ID are automatically filled in.
- insert ZONE.
- TO LOCATION ID is automatically filled in. If not, insert location L1. It is required for this scenario that TO LOCATION ID is L1.
- Press enter, so that cursor will be at CONTAINER QTY field. Wait at this point and do not proceed.
5. At this moment location has unit qty that has been replenished at step 3.
6. Using the GUI, user UB re-adjusts stock of location L1 to 0, using FORWARD PICKING LOCATION EDITOR screen and de-associates item I1 from location L1.
7. At this stage, user UA ends manual replenishment he was performing in step 4.
8. At the end, both users can end their actions without any warning or error message.
9 As a result, container C3 is deleted from the system (as per usual replenishment), decreasing stock in ORWMS, but without sending an inventory adjustment to ORMS.
This causes stock differences between RMS and RWMS.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document