RWMS Distribution By Zone Does Not Restrict Picks to Specific Zone
(Doc ID 2027870.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When waving and distributing orders, RWMS does not restrict the creation of picks to a specific zone when the zone is specified in the wave query. At a particular facility, we have the same item setup in two Unit Pick locations in two different zones. The reason for this configuration is to support E-Commerce picking in one zone and then Store and Franchise Unit Picking in the other zone.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create unit pick locations in two different zones for the same item and make sure there is adequate inventory for waving.
- Create Consumer Direct Orders for the item. Recommend 5 or more orders.
- Make sure the CD Unit Pick System on Item Master is set to LTC for the item used.
- Run an adhoc wave query for one or more orders and ensure the wave query includes selection of one of the zones for the item setup previously.
- Assign the order(s) to a wave and then run distribution.
- Purge the wave that was just run.
- Run an adhoc wave query for all the orders and ensure the wave query includes the selection of the zone that is different than the one used previously.
- Assign the orders to a wave and then run_distribution.
- Check the pick_directives created and note that RWMS created picks in both zones instead of the zone that was designated in the wave query.
Example of the wave query we are using:
Consumer Direct - Manual - Distro Selection
ZONE = EC1 and
Distro_nbr like 5%
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document