Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) fails to refund the amount back to the customer in case of a transaction cancel flow due to a timeout after the tender is processed. This results in the gift card being activated and a cancelled funded transaction.
Steps to Reproduce:
GC 7777032029500872 is already activated for 100.00
TimeoutActiveTransaction is set to 1 minute
- Enter F3 POS.
- Select to issue a GC 7777032029510872 for 75.00 and 7777032029500872 for 20.00.
- Select F6 Tender.
- Select F4 Credit/Debit for 95.00, swipe the card at the Verifone device, sign and accept the signature on POS.
- The following prompt occurs for the second GC:
An error occurred while attempting to activate the Gift Card ending in 0872.
Press Enter to enter a different Gift Card number.
- Let POS timeout at this screen.
- POS returns to the Main Options screen.
- E-Journal can be viewed to note that the above transaction is cancelled.
- Note that the cancellation of the transaction due to the timeout does not reverse the paid amount back to the credit card for the inactivated GC.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms