Last updated on SEPTEMBER 03, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point-of-Service (ORPOS), it is not possible to apply an item amount discount after a transaction amount discount when there are multiple items.
Sample Steps to Reproduce:
- Ensure that parameter for 'Maximum Number of Discounts Allowed' is set to 'One of each type of discount'.
- Add item 1234 (price is $10.00) to the transaction.
- Apply Transaction Amount Discount of 9.99. Extended Price of item is 0.01.
- Now apply Item Amount Discount of 0.01. Extended Price of item 0.00.
- Complete the transaction. (This transaction demonstrates that an Item Amount discount can be successfully applied after a Transaction Amount discount.)
- In the next transaction, add item 1234 to the sale (price is 10.00).
- Add item 4321 (price is 50.95).
- Apply a $10 Transaction Amount discount. Discount is prorated across two items. Extended price of 1234 is now 8.36 (after 1.64 discount), and the extended price of item 4321 is now 42.59 (after 8.36 discount).
- Now select item 1234 (with extended price 8.36). Attempt to apply an item amount discount of 8.00.
- Discount should apply as demonstrated in steps 1 through 5 of this test case, but an "Invalid Discount Notice" error message is displayed indicating that the discount amount entered exceeds the item’s current price.
- Try to apply a 0.01 discount. Even now, the "Invalid Discount Notice" error message is displayed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms