Resource Assignment Spread View (P6RESOURCEASSIGNMENTSPREAD) Of The Reporting Database User (PXRPTUSER) Bulking Actual Units On A Single Start Date Instead Of The Actual Calendar Days For The Actual Units When Publication Start Date Set To Appropriately
Last updated on JANUARY 03, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After configuring publication period spread settings, the "start date" value defined is not being adhered to for resource assignments.
For example. after setting the start date publication to "01-Jan-10 12:00am", the P6 EPPM extended schema resource assignment spread view is showing a start date for assignments that is later than the date where actual units were applied on an activity and bulking all the units on this later date (where the date is after the publication period start date setting).
For P6 EPPM publication spread data to accurately reflect the correct spread dates of resource assignments which fall under the proper publication period dates defined.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login to P6
- Select Administer, Application Settings
- Select Services link
- Under "Publication Period" settings, set the "start date" to 01-Jan-10 12:00am
- Under the "Project Publication" settings, configure the project arbiter with a runtime and thresholds.
- Save changes
- With a project that has spread data after year 2010, publish the project
- After the project is published, note that the spread data is not accurately reflecting a start date where actual units were assigned on an activity and instead bulking many of the units on a much later date (note, actual units can be confirmed from the Resource Assignment view in P6 or P6 Professional).
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot accurately review project analytics since the resource assignment spread data is not accurately reflecting a beginning start date when actual units were assigned.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms