Launching SPP Plan With Parameter Generate Inline Forecast = Yes Does Not Trigger Concurrent Request MSCFCS - Memory Based Forecaster
(Doc ID 2034533.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Service Parts Planning - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
MSCFCS - Memory Based Forecaster
On : 12.2.4 version, Installation Issues in Test:
Users are on 12.2.4 and have applied VCP Cum Patch 188.8.131.52. The very first time they ran an SPP plan with Launch parameter Generate Inline Forecast = Yes, it failed with the following in MSCFCS: Memory Based Forecaster
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:/appl/sht/12.0.0/lib/libAnalyticalEng.so: libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
After this initial error on 28-MAY-2015, every time they run the SPP plan with Launch parameter Generate Inline Forecast = Yes, it no longer launches the concurrent request MSCFCS: Memory Based Forecaster although all the other child concurrent requests run and complete successfully.
Things we tried looked at:
1. We implemented the fix in Note 2001902.1 to fix the java error above - but the concurrent request will still NOT launch
2. We verified the user is running the SPP plan with parameter Generate Inline Forecast = Yes
3. We looked at code in file mslssn.ppc and we do see dat files MSLD_ITEMS_DAT and MSLD_ITEM_SUBSTITUTION_DAT are generated during the plan run
4. We looked in snapshot and worker logs to see what we could find and in the main MB snapshot log found only this: GEN-SELECTING (ENTITY=inline_fcst)
5. Profile MSC: Service Planning Enabled = Yes
6. Support ran an SPP plan internally on 184.108.40.206 instance and we have the same problem
7. Customer Does NOT have Demantra installed at this time
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. ran an SPP plan 1st time with Launch parameter Generate Inline Forecast = Yes
2. Memory Based Forecaster failed as noted
3. All future SPP plans with same launch parameter does not even spawn the concurrent request
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document