Node Alias Reconciliation in Design Notes
Last updated on JULY 22, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue observed in MSS 6.2.1 Version
From the equipment block in the CLR/DLR section of the connection, when the "Name Alias" of the equipment is changed and the reconciliation is triggered, the old DLR notes are being overwritten by the new DLR notes .
Steps to recreate issue :
1) Opened a connection (In Service) and went to CLR/DLR design in which double clicked on equipment block.
2) Once Equipment inventory for Connection Design window opens, right click on card and edit.
3) In Equipment window of the card, gave value to "Name Alias" field and navigated to software tab. In that moved all available softwares to installed and closed.
4) When prompted for reconcilation clicked on yes.
5) Now close the connection design and reopen it.
6) Navigate to Maintain Design notes in CLR/DLR notes and notice the Issue
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms