Cannot Bring in Custom Flexible Attributes Using Item Induction
Last updated on DECEMBER 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 18-Jan-2017.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) , we find that while using Item Induction, we cannot induct Custom Flexible Attributes (CFA).
When including Item Custom Flexible Attributes in an Item Induction template/spreadsheet, the attributes are never uploaded into the ITEM_MASTER_CFA_EXT table.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create Custom Flexible Attributes for Item.
a. First, define a Group Set.
b. Define a Group.
c. Define the attributes.
- Enable the Attributes using cfagen.ksh so that the views are created and the attribute screen is accessible within Item Maintenance.
- Configure the Item Induction Template to include the Custom Flexible Attributes, based upon the Group Set view name per the documentation. Include 'Action', 'Item' and one of the attributes.
- Add the 'ACTION' column for this worksheet to the S9T_LIST_VALS table so that a List-of-Values will appear in the default template. Use the 'S9AT' code in order to have 'New', 'Update', 'Delete'.
- Create a spreadsheet for induction that includes the Custom Flex Attributes.
- Upload the spreadsheet created in step #5 using RMS -> Items -> Item Induction -> Upload. Notice that the upload of the spreadsheet 'Processed Successfully'.
- Upload the staging table data into RMS by pressing the 'Upload to RMS' button. Notice the asynchronous process completes successfully.
- Notice there were no errors and the upload into RMS 'Processed Successfully'.
- Notice that the items have been created successfully in RMS; however, the Item Master Custom Flexible Attributes have not been created.
- Notice that the Custom Flexible attributes do appear in the SVC_CFA_EXT table.
- However, notice that the Custom Flexible attributes do NOT appear in the SVC_ITEM_MASTER_CFA_EXT table, which is where the attributes would need to be in order to make it into ITEM_MASTER_CFA_EXT. There are no records in ITEM_MASTER_CFA_EXT.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms