Tender Summary Errors When There Are Masked Credit Card Numbers Stored in the Database
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Sales Audit - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) / Oracle Retail Sales Audit (ReSA) 14.0, we are not able to search for transactions in the Tender Summary screen that contain masked credit card numbers. We receive the following Forms error:
Associated system options are set up as:
• CC_SEC_LVL_IND = ‘R’
• CC_VAL_REQ = ‘Y’
• CC_NO_MASK_CHAR = ‘*’
The table SA_CC_VAL is empty since we are not validating anything in the number (as it is sent as masked).
Steps to Reproduce:
- Upload an RTLOG file that contains a transaction paid with a credit card that is masked.
- Go to Transaction Tender summary screen and try to search for the number that was uploaded (for example: 42230078****3210)
Navigation: Action -> Sales Audit -> Additional Operations -> Summary -> Tender Summary
- Searching with this entire number, the system produces error: “FRM: 40505-ORACLE error: unable to perform query” due to not being able to execute the SQL query for the situation “ORA-009360 missing expression”.
- Go to Transaction Tender summary screen again and try to search for just a part of the number that was uploaded (for example, the beginning part of the number: 42230078).
- Searching with this part of the number, the system produces error: “FRM: 40505-ORACLE error: unable to perform query” due to not being able to execute the SQL query for the situation “ORA-001722: invalid number”.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms