Promotion Constraints Are Not Effective
(Doc ID 2043152.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Price Management (RPM) 14.1, conflict checking is ignoring the promotion constraints when approving a promotion for an item/location that is already on an approved price change. It is expected that a warning be raised if the user is creating a promotion that starts within X days of an approved price change or a price change occurs during the promotion.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set the system options "Price Change/Promotion Overlaps" to True.
- Set up the promotion constraints for certain Dept/Class/Subclass to 5 for all locations.
- Select an Item Parent or Transaction Level Item from Dept/Class/Subclass in step #2, where all the timeline in RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL are still at the ZONE LEVEL (so no 'PL' or 'DL' or 'IL' timeline level in RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL).
- Create and approve a price change using the Item or Item Parent from stem #3, at the Zone Level, where the Zone is a part of Primary Zone Group.
- Create and approve a simple promotion using the Item or Item Parent from step #3, at the Zone Level, where the Zone is a part of Primary Zone Group and start date less than (the Price Change (from # 4) effective date + 5) and end date after (the Price Change (from # 4) effective date + 5).
- The Simple Promo from step #5 should not be approved because of the Promotion Constraint, BUT it got approved.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document