Item Scanning Delay on Client in Offline POS Server Mode
Last updated on MAY 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) 18.104.22.168, with around 215000+ items, we are experiencing an issue with the ORPOS client communicating with the Derby database. An 8-10 second delay is encountered between scanning an item and the item displaying on the Sell Items screen. The application responds very slowly when interacting with the Derby database.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Import the customer jar into BO via DIMP.
- Start the POS Server and client.
- On the Register where the POS client is running, unplug the network cable
- Select F3 POS.
- Enter username/password. It takes a few seconds to log in.
- On the Sell Item screen, enter an item.
- Wait for 8 seconds or so until the item is added to the transaction.
- Enter another item.
- Wait 2 seconds (or more) for the item to be added to the transaction.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms