ORPOS Displays 'Invalid Serialized Number' Screen When Returning a Serialized Item That Has Been Sold
(Doc ID 2048084.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 07, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS), when attempting to enter or scan a serial number from the receipt during a return flow, the following error occurs:
Steps to Reproduce:
Pre-Requisite: POS is integrated with Store Inventory Management (SIM), and Item A has UIN X associated to it in SIM.
- Select F3 POS.
- Enter an EMEI number X.
- Complete a Cash Tender (sample Trans Number is 011111290161).
- Select F2 Return.
- Enter the transaction number 011111290161.
- On the Select Item screen, scan or enter the item number A.
- On the Serialized Item screen, enter the Serial Number X. Note the message:
The Serial Number X entered for the Item A is invalid.
Press Enter to return to the previous screen and enter a different Serial Number.
- At Step 6, enter the Serial Number X. The following message appears:
The item X is not found in the retrieved transaction.
Press Enter to continue.
Note: If the Trans Detail option is selected at step 6, the Return is completed and the UIN status is updated to 0.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document