Dates Cannot be Sorted When Null Values Exist, Throwing DateTimeFormat Error
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Predictive Application Server - Version 14.0 to 14.1.1 [Release 14.0 to 14.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to do simple sort ascending or descending for a date measure, the values are not sorted if any special value NULL type exists within the list. The following error occurs:
DateTimeFormat - Parameter (1.48731228e+14) does not conform to the specified format (%m%d%Y%H%M%S%s) because digits were expected but not found.
Steps to recreate:
- Open the workbook in Classic Client.
- Select a worksheet with a date field for a specific measure.
- Validate that there are "blank" dates and "non-blank" dates for the measure.
- Click menu's Ascending/Descending sort button.
- Error message will prompt.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms