XItem Processing in RMS 14.1 Changed to Synchronous Mode
(Doc ID 2049192.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
As part of the Retail Merchandising System (RMS) 14.1.x Item Induction feature, two modifications were made:
- Core processing of the external item (XITEM) interface and Item Induction were combined into a single package called CORESVC_ITEM.
- XITEM was made an ASYNCHRONOUS process, just like Item Induction is, through the Retail Merchandising System (RMS) User Interface (UI) when using spreadsheet upload/download.
These modifications caused several issues:
- XITEM Notifications: Notifications remain pending in the RMS UI layer, as User could be different on Retail Integration Bus (RIB).
- Sequencing: ASYNC (asynchronous) queue processing does not guarantee the correct sequence of XITEM message processing (i.e., a CHILD item may consume before its PARENT item).
These issues have been resolved by changing to SYNCHRONOUS processing instead of submitting an ASYNCHRONOUS job. Message handling is now being handled in the RIB layer.
Error Handling, Retry, and Reprocessing
- Before applying the patches below, any pending errors for XITEM need to be corrected (CORESVC_ITEM_ERR records). Processing of old messages stuck in the queue need to be downloaded into a spreadsheet and bulk uploaded using the Item Induction feature.
- After applying mandatory patches, processing of failed new messages should be retried and reprocessed via the RIB Error Hospital.
To resolve this issue, please apply the following mandatory patches AFTER applying the below dependencies on top of RMS 14.1.1. Apply these patches in the given sequence:
<Patch 21452184> - ITEM INDUCTION ASYNCHRONOUS PROCESS PROHIBITING ITEMS COMING IN TO RMS
<Patch 21644360> - CHILD ITEM NOT GETTING CREATED WHEN SEASON OF PARENT IS PROVIDED IN XML
<Patch 21638115> - SYSTEM IS ALLOWING TO HAVE MORE THAN PRIMARY COUNTRY FOR AN ITEM SUPPLIER THROUG
Dependency List for Mandatory Patches (apply in the sequence given):
-- If your environment is on 14.1, you must upgrade to RMS 14.1.1, then apply the dependency patches as given below.
-- If you have any questions on applying these dependencies, please log a Service Request (SR).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document