Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Agile e6.1.1 up to e6.1.3
Find that menus created by xchg_set_cre_men provide a maximum width of only 10 characters for the work set name inside the menu. That way it is not possible to distinguish between work sets that have names that do not differ in the first 10 characters (like Oracleworkset-001, Oracleworkset-002, Oracleworkset-003 ...)
The work set name can have up to 100 characters in the database (field T_WRK_SET_DAT.EDB_NAME).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Activate Enhanced Change Management by setting configuration parameter EDB-CHG-SET-ACTIVE to "ON" and restart the application
2. From Top menu select Start | Change Management | Work Orders and create a Work Order (for example "Oracle Work Order")
3. Open tab "Sets" and insert two sets (besides the "Default" set) called "Oracleworkset-001" and "Oracleworkset-002")
4. Create a new item and insert the above created work order "Oracle Work Order" into field "Work Order" (V_OPR_EWO_FRM.EDB_EWO_ELEM_ID) (should be selectable from the drop down menu)
5. Go to field "Set" (V_OPR_EWO_FRM.EDB_SET_POS_NO) and open the menu
=> The menu consists of three values:
10 | Default
20 | Oraclework
30 | Oraclework
The two work sets with Position number 20 and 30 are called Oracleworkset-001 and Oracleworkset-002 but cannot be distinguished in this menu.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms