Oracle Primavera Revised Software Patch Release Process
(Doc ID 2051473.1)
Last updated on JUNE 25, 2018
Applies to:Instantis EnterpriseTrack
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
Primavera Portfolio Management
Information in this document applies to any platform.
As of 01JAN 2015, Oracle Primavera revised the release version numbering scheme.
Along with this change, Oracle Primavera revised the patch release process, applicable to all Primavera products listed above in the "Applies To" section.
The following information applies specifically to the releases starting with 15.x and beyond.
What are the changes?
Fixes for the applicable Oracle Primavera products and subsequent releases will be delivered as Patch Sets, each containing multiple fixes. Patch Sets will be released at regularly scheduled intervals during the premier support phase of the product (see the Lifetime Support Policy page, Oracle Applications Document) for more information on Premier Support phase lifecycle:
The planned Patch Set release schedule has been revised (see Release Timing Framework) to be much more consistent and improve predictability to to help customers plan their own patching approach and schedule. The patch-sets will include fixes for customer-reported issues as well as Oracle-initiated product fixes.
Although we recognize it requires careful planning, we strongly recommend that customers be on the latest patch-set to minimize the impact of applying error correction patches and future upgrade requirements.
There are situations where one cannot wait until the next patch-set or new product release. In those situations, Oracle will evaluate the severity of the situation and release an interim patch containing one or more fixes. This interim patch or error correction mechanism will be available only on the latest Patch Sets available at the time of release o the Interim Patch. The error correction is available only during the premier and extended support phase of the product.
Oracle Primavera products are identified by a 4 digit numeric identification system:
major.minor.patch set.interim patch, defined in the following table:
|<major>||Major Release Version||15.0.0|
|<minor>||Minor Release Version||15.1.0|
|<patch>||Patch Set Version*||184.108.40.206|
|<interim patch>||Interim Patch Version**||220.127.116.11|
**Interim Patches are against the latest patch set version
Release Timing Framework
The following generic schedule is intended as a guide to enable customers to plan their upgrade/maintenance activities during the Calendar Year*:
|Release Level||Planned Interval|
|Major Release Version||Annual|
|Patch Set||Monthly (on latest release)
(Note: May be less frequent on earlier releases)
|Interim Patch||Not scheduled|
What are the benefits to Customers?
- Insight into upcoming fixes, patch release schedule, and general product direction
- Regularity of patch release intervals, enabling customers to plan ahead for their patching, testing, and operations management activities
- Predictable service request resolution time
- Releasing patches less frequently enables Oracle to invest more time and resources on quality assurance of the patches
- Patches will be subjected to rigorous test cycles from feature testing to full regression testing
- Patches will be released for all supported platforms
- Flexibility to release critical fixes outside the revised process as exceptions
- Enablement of customers to leverage each other’s experiences
- Proactive application of patches eliminate the risk of encountering existing issues
- Oracle commitment to product quality ensures lower deployment risks
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document