When Store Printer is Set as 'browser' and Type Defined as 'postscript', the Report is Shown in XML Format, Not HTML
Last updated on MAY 31, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This article will be updated as official patch becomes available.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM), we find that when the printer is set to "browser" and the type is set to "postscript", SIM shows reports in raw XML format. If the printer type is set to "postscript", then reports should show in HTML format.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set the printer as "browser" and printer type as "postscript" in a store.
- Modify the report XDO default format to HTML.
- Install SIM 14.1.1 and set up BIPublisher as mentioned in install and implementation guides.
- Set the printer as "browser" (case sensitive).
- Print any report (e.g., Item Detail report, Transfer report, etc.) and select the printer that is set to "browser".
- Find that the report shows as XML.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms