When Parent Resource Access is Given in 'All Resource Access' The Child Resource Does Not Show Up When Grouped By Resource Code
Last updated on JULY 31, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52 version, P6 Application
Selecting a resource code to assign a resource assignment does not display resource details.
Resource details to show when assigning a resource based on a Resource Code when parent access is given.
1. Create a new user but do not give the user 'All Resource Access'.
2. Create project and 1 activity.
3. Create 2 resources called 'Parent' and 'Child'.
4. Create 1 resource code and 1 value..
5. Assign the resource code value to the 'Child' resource.
6. Log in to P6 Web > Projects > and open the project created.
7. Click on the Assignments tab.
8. Click Assign Resource.
9. Change pick list to 'View Resources by: Resource Codes'.
10. Navigate to the Resource Code created then expand it to get to the value.
11. Notice when the value is selected you cannot pick the resources.
12. Repeat steps 5-11 after you assign the user 'All Resource Access'.
Notice the resource is able to be assigned.
13. Repeat steps 5-11 after you assign the user 'Parent' as Resource Access.
Notice the resource is not shown but can be searched on.
Assign Parent in All Resource Access.
Assign a Resource Code value to the Child Resource.
When assigning by a Resource Code notice the Child Resource does not show.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms