Supply Demand Pegging Is Wrong When Sales Order Has Material Reservation
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 09, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Service Parts Planning - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.1 version, Installation Issues
Supply demand pegging is wrong when sales order has material reservation
We are running an unconstrained plan in service parts planning.
Whenever, sales order line is reserved with on-hand quantity, the pegging information shows negative pegging and calculations do not match.
Expect to see the correct pegging information.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Run collection and plan
2. View Order Details Screen for Supply and Demand and pegging
3. Snapshot of order details screen:
Shows onhand pegged to 4 sales orders.
4. The on hand quantity of 52 has been pegged to four different sales orders:
Sales order 9237844003 with 1 qty
Sales order 9244763002 with 3 qty
Sales order 9247701002 with 2 qty
Sales order 9200008001(line 9) with 56 qty (partial 46 qty pegged to the on hand)
5. Here is the pegging details of sales order 9200008001
46 of onhand and 10 of new buy PO. (total qty 60)
6. Now due to some urgent outage, the sales order 9200008001 with line 9 was reserved with all 52 on-hand qty
7. Now we ran the collection and plan after the reservation.
8. Now the order details screen pegging is like this:
9. All onhand is pegged to SO 9200008001 , this is onhand pegging.
10. Current pegging has changed and all the quantities of the on hand pegged to the reserved sales order line. This is good.
11. However, when we see the pegging, it shows like this:
Pegging after selecting SO 9200008001 , is showing a line with pegged qty 0 of onhand, and -48 Pegged Qty of New buy PO.
The remaining 4 should have come from New buy PO, but that is not showing here.
12. We see a pegging of negative -48 pegging. Not sure why this negative pegging is appearing. It does not match any calculation.
13. The pegging of the purchase order is also not right. It shows -48 pegging to the sales order.
and Pegged qty 87 pegged to excess
There is some issue with the pegged qty of the new buy PO.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms