AssetManager Does Not Alert End-User To Possible Merge Conflicts
(Doc ID 2052598.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Merchandising - Version 10.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating 2 separate Projects in the BCC that update the same property, the BCC will at times handle the conflict resolution without input from the end-user, yet on other occasions the AssetManager issues a conflict pop-up window asking the end-user to resolve the merge conflict
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create ProjectA
2. Select any Item Ex: Category
3. Update a text field on Category Ex: Display Name
4. Create Second Project ProjectB
5. Select same Item as we selected in step-2
6. Update a separate text field on the same Category
7. Now Publish ProjectA completely till Project Completes
8. Now in Home Page Click CA Projects link and search for project ProjectB
9. Now try to publish ProjectB
10. Merge Conflict Alert Pop up should be shown to end user indicating Merge Conflict
11. But assets in ProjectB gets auto merged automatically without indicating End User and ProjectB moves to next step of deployment.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document