User Preferences Which Write To The PM.INI File Are Not Being Saved
Last updated on MARCH 30, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 15.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
P6 Professional User Preferences which write to the PM.ini file are not being saved for each user.
- The login name populated at the login page to P6 professional is being stored as 'admin' when a user logs out of P6 and re-launches the login page.
- Changes to the Start up filters to "view all data" also revert back to defaults (Current project data only). User has full access to PM.ini file and can run the application.
User preferences which write to the PM.ini file should be saved for each user if being changed from the default.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Launch P6 Professional.
- Login with a username other than 'admin'.
- After login, select Edit, User Preferences, Startup Filters.
- Change the startup filters from the default.
- Logout of P6 Professional.
- Launch P6 Professional and note:
- Login name defaults to 'admin'.
- After login, the startup filters are showing the original values.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms