User Preferences Are Not Being Saved to the PM.INI File
(Doc ID 2052678.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 15.1]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 15.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
P6 Professional User Preferences are not being saved for each user and written to the PM.ini configuration file, even though the user has Full access to the file and is able to run the P6 application. For example:
- The user's login name populated in the P6 Professional login window is being stored as the default 'admin' account when a user logs out of P6 and re-launches the login page.
- Changes to the startup filters to "View all data" revert back to the default "View current project data only" at next login.
User preferences that are changed from default should be written to the PM.ini file and saved for each user.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Launch P6 Professional.
- Login with a username other than 'admin'.
- Select Edit > User Preferences > Startup Filters.
- Change the startup filters from the default.
- Logout of P6 Professional.
- Launch P6 Professional and note:
- Login name defaults to 'admin'.
- After login, the startup filters are showing the original values.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document