Primavera Risk Analysis (PRA) Crashes if Weather Model Adds Complete Downtime to a Time Period
(Doc ID 2052997.1)
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2019
Applies to:Primavera Risk Analysis - Version 8.7.0070 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running the Risk Analysis on a plan using a Weather Model, if downtime is added to a complete time period (for example no working time in the month of June) the Risk Analysis will crash. It will freeze and the PRA process will need to be ended.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- In Primavera Risk Analysis (PRA), create a new Plan starting 1-July-15.
- In Plan, create a new Task with 5 days duration.
- Go Risk | Weather Modeling and enable "Add weather modeling to this plan".
- Click "Add New Event Calendar", give it a name and click OK.
- Click on the July time period and in the Minimum, Likely and Maximum boxes, enter the value 31 for each. Do the same for August.
- Go to the "Assign to Tasks" tab. Select the Task and enable the Weather Event calendar for that Task. Click Close.
- Run Risk Analysis. This will freeze and the PRA process will need to be ended.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document