Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User accidentally deleted the Customer Billing Account Address when updating an End User Location for a PSR order.
After that Users can no longer access the Customer Account or its Orders, or supplement the orders.
Trying to open PSR orders or supplement them causes MSS to crash.
a. Address Information not found for this customer
b. If you try to open or supplement an order, MSS crashes with errors (listed at the end of the section)
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Open a PSR Service Request Search for a Customer and supplement it;
2. Navigate the order and expose the Service Location;
3. Right-click the Service Location and choose Update Service Location
4. In the End User Location (EUL) Maintenance – Location Information window – click Default from Customer
5. It looks initially, that address was changed - Click the OK button to close the window
6. Re-update the address to verify: address was not changed
7. The "new address" shows up in the Additional Addresses tab.
8a - Deleting the Additional Address directly in the Supp operation
a1. After (7) above, in the Additional Addresses tab, Delete the new entry.
a2. ===> The Customer Account Address is deleted.
8b. Deleting the Additional Address from the End User Location screen
b1. In End User Location Search window, search and Open the changed EUL;
b2. Expose the Additional Addresses tab - the default from Customer should be displayed;
b3. Right-click the Address and choose Delete
b4. Answer Yes to the question to remove the selected address
9. Click OK to complete the process
10. Click Refresh in the bottom of End User Location Search screen
The locations for for the Customer default Address (Billing) is gone
11. In Service Request Search window, search for orders for the above Customer Name;
12. Clicking any order in the search result will give the following message and users cannot open it:
« Address Information not found for this customer »
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms