Inventory Adjustment Create Screen Does Not Show the Unavailable Inventory When a UPC Item is Used
(Doc ID 2054709.1)
Last updated on MARCH 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The issue described in this document is known to Oracle, and a fix is already scheduled for future release. This article will be updated as official patch becomes available.
NOTE: The issue mentioned in this note is observed in SIM versions 14.0.X and also in 14.1.X. This note provides the solution for both versions. Please apply the appropriate patch based on the SIM version in use.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, we find that the inventory adjustment create screen does not show the unavailable inventory when an UPC item is used. However, looking up the UPC item populates the inventory field correctly with the unavailable inventory.
Steps to recreate:
1. Find a store and a UPC item
2. Ensure that there is unavailable quantity for the item (or its parent item)
3. Log into SIM and navigate to "Inventory Mgmt" -> "Inventory Adjustment"
4. Create an inventory adjustment with reason so that unavailable is moved to Available (for example: Repair In)
5. Add the UPC item and note that the item ID changes to its parent item
6. Now find that "Inventory" field shows 0 (zero) quantity - At this point trying to save the adjustment throws an error.
6. Delete the item and click on "Add item"
7. For this item, use the ellipses (...) in the Item ID field to look up the item
8. Type in the UPC item ID and find that its parent item is returned
9. Click on "Apply" and find that "Inventory" field shows the unavailable quantity correctly
10. Repeat the test with a regular item and find that "Inventory" field shows the correct quantity in the inventory field
NOTE: The same behavior is observed on SIM handheld also.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document