Supplier Contact Phone Fields Are Getting Concatenated With NULL Values
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0 and later
Oracle Retail Financial Integration - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Retail Financial Integration (RFI) integration for the Supplier information to flow from E-Business Suite (EBS) to Retail Merchandising System (RMS), it is noted that Suppliers addresses are integrated to RMS but with 'null' values getting concatenated in the contact phone fields.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Process a Supplier Address message from EBS application without giving the area code. Below values will be passed to the RFI staging table
RFI_SUPP_CONTACTS_STAGE.AREA_CODE = NULL (empty/blank value)
RFI_SUPP_CONTACTS_STAGE.PHONE= 9000000123 (Valid Phone Number)
2. Allow RFI to process the message and get it consumed into RMS database.
3. After message processing, in the RMS base table notice the following:
ADDR.CONTACT_PHONE = NULL9008003065
4. Ideally it should be as ADDR.CONTACT_PHONE = 9000000123
5. NULL values are getting concatenated to the tables.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms