Error: "Failed retrieving application information from Weblogic server: Patch Source Mismatch. Please choose the correct patch source." On The "Patch Progress" Screen Of The P6 EPPM Patch Utility
(Doc ID 2056699.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 17, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to apply a patch to P6 EPPM using the patch utility (for example, applying patch set 5 to P6 EPPM r15.1), the following error occurs on the "Patch Progress" screen when the progress bar reaches around 97%:
"Failed retrieving application information from Weblogic server: Patch Source Mismatch. Please choose the correct patch source."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Extract the compressed file (zip) for the patch set.
- Browse to $patch_media_home/P6EPPM-$Version/PatchUtility/$Operating_System/install
- Launch runInstaller.cmd/.sh
- On the "welcome" screen, click next.
- On the "Specify P6 Installed Location" screen of the patch utility:
- Enter the path for "Primavera P6 Home" (example: G:\P6EPPM_1)
- Enter the path for "Patch Source" (entering the parent directory of the actual patch source)
- Keep Typical selected
- Click Next
- On the "Specify Weblogic Server Details" screen, enter the required information for the P6 EPPM domain, then click next.
- On the "Patch Summary" screen, click Install.
- Note the error which occurs on the "Patch Progress" screen.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document