Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2015
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After specifying a path in the "Patch Source" field on the "Specify P6 Installed Location" screen of the patch utility (for example, patch set utility which comes with patch set 5 of P6 EPPM r15.1), the following error occurs:
"INST-07037: Patch Source field value contains one or more invalid characters or the value is not in proper format."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Extract the compressed file (zip) for the patch set.
2. Browse to $patch_media_home/P6EPPM-15150/PatchUtility/$Operating_System/install
3. Launch runInstaller.cmd/.sh
4. On the "welcome" screen, click next.
5. On the "Specify P6 Installed Location" screen of the patch utility:
a. Enter the path for "Primavera P6 Home" (example: G:\P6EPPM_1)
b. Enter the path for "Patch Source" (entering the patch source)
c. Note the error which occurs after specifying the patch source path
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms