User Can Still View Projects (Greyed Out) When Importing From WBS Template
Last updated on JUNE 30, 2016
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User can still view projects (greyed out) when importing from WBS Template.
When the user uses a specific template, and when the 'Responsible Manager' is changed for the user and replaced with another user, the previous user still has access to the project (Read only).
Put another way: when the user has access to a particular template(custom) and when the project is created using the template, the user still has VIEW access to all projects created using the template.
1) Removed the project template from the user 'P6USER2'.
2) Logged in as "P6USER2' and the projects associated with the templates were
3) Added the project template to the user 'P6USER2'.
4) Logged in as 'P6USER2' and I can see all the projects created using the
template (It is greyed out).
1) Created a new project template "TEST TEMPLATE".
2) Create a new project called ITC Project
3) Add the project template "TEST TEMPLATE" to "ITC Project".
4) Added the user 'P6USER2' to "TEST TEMPLATE".
5) The user "P6USER2" is seeing the ITC Project which is greyed out.
This is causing confusions for the users as they see projects which they no longer responsible for.
User should not see projects they do not have access to (even if read only).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms