Custom Flex Attribute (CFA) Functionality at Department Level is Not Working Correctly: Department Can Be Created Without Mandatory Information Entered
(Doc ID 2058243.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A mandatory Custom Flex Attribute (CFA) created at department level is not working as expected. When a new department is created and the CFA field is not entered, an error should be thrown to stop the department from being created. However, a department can be created without any indication that there is a required CFA.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set up a CFA.
- Create a group set with the Entity ID set as DEPTS.
- Create a group that links to the Group Set.
- Create an attribute for the associated group, making sure DEPTS is the base RMS table and that the attribute is enabled, active, and required.
- Run the cfagen.ksh batch script to enable the CFA.
- Once everything is created and active, create a new department without opening the CFA option you have created (Options > NAME_OF_CFA).
- Notice that the department will be created without any indication that the CFA is mandatory. The system should instead highlight the required fields within the CFA and not create the department until all information is present.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document