The Refund Tenders for a Cancellation of a Gift Card Issue Are Not Being Governed By the Refund Parameter
Last updated on MAY 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) , the refund tender types for cancel of gift card issue transaction are not being governed by 'RefundTenderForXXXX' parameters.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Ring a gift card issue transaction.
2. Tender gift card issue with cash.
3. 'Gift Card Error' screen displayed , click 'Enter' to acknowledge error.
4. On 'Sell Gift Card' screen click 'F12 Cancel' and confirm cancellation.
5. 'Gift Card Activation Cancel' screen displayed with message "The amount of 10.00 will be refunded", click 'Enter' to acknowledge message.
Note on 'Refund Options' screen refund tender options are displayed based on settings of parameter "RefundTenderForNonRetrievedTrans" , system should determine refund tender types based on parameter RefundTenderForCashPayment since the original tender on the gift card issue was Cash. RefundTenderForNonRetrievedTrans parameter is being used no matter what the original tender was.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms