The wording for Task Behavior for EQ INST task needs to be more descriptive
(Doc ID 2060069.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 04, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is stating the EQ INST task with a behavior of 'Opens Equipment Install Window' is misleading user that it would open an Equipment Inventory query
screen to use a location on the order to open to.
They agree that for internal orders, type EWO and I S R this is the designed behavior of the EQ INST task: double-click action shows the Service Request
EQ INST task behavior wording needs to be more descriptive.
Customer is asking for a change in the stated Task Behavior, from: 'Opens Equipment Install Window' to read (see picture below):
- Opens Service Request Equipment Window
or, maybe it should say:
- Opens P S R Service Request Equipment Window.
window name: w_task_type_maint
1. In Work Mgmt - Work Queue - select an EQ INST task for EWO / I S R order
2. Double-click the task
3. MSS opens Service Request Search window with related EWO / I S R order
User was expecting MSS to directly open the Equipment Inventory window.
WORKAROUND FOR EWO
1. Keep the current Task configuration as used by Business;
2. Double-clicking the EQ INST task, MSS opens Service Request Search window with the corresponding EWO order for the task;
3. Double-click the selected record to open the corresponding EWO order;
4a. IF EQUIPMENT WAS ENTERED IN THE ORDER
a. Click the Equipment in the order - open the selected equipment (notice it is marked Under Construction <EWO DD date>)
b. Make any changes needed or install other equipment, even if they are in other Locations.
4.b NO EQUIPMENT ENTERED IN THE EWO ORDER
a. Click the Manage Equipment link and then Install Equipment link
b. MSS opens the regular Equipment Inventory Search window
- This window will allow users to search for the Location and to install the desired equipment.
- The installed equipment will show: Under Construction <EWO DD date>
and will automatically bring the EWO order number in the Work Order Number field of the equipment (Edit) window.
This status is displayed whenever users open the Equipment Inventory for the location.
This is the standard work flow to install equipment in EWO Ordering Process.
For ISR there is no shortcuts from the ordering side. User needs to open the Inventory Mgmt - Equipment Inventory window manually.
LIST OF DISTINCT TASK BEHAVIORS
Task behavior is not related to the order type.
It is defined when task is created/updated in the Work Mgmt Setup - Task Types window.
There is not a specific list that lists all task types, this information is available within MSS Online Help for each unique task type.
Task types which only work for a specific service request type, like the EQ INST task, are documented as such within Online Help,
and if these tasks are used on other order types, the default behavior is to open the Service Request window.
The following is a list of distinct task behaviors from the ASAP.TASK_TYPE table:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!