Last updated on OCTOBER 21, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 11.2.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Balance Management
ECE does not update credit profile for a balance element when the balance item spec for that balance element does not exist in the balance. This happens in case of daily bundle scenario where there will not be a balance item or balance item spec to start with.
The balance item will be created only upon the very first usage of the product granting the daily bundle. But if the user tries to set the fixed/percentage thresholds for the daily bundle balance element from BRM, ECE ignores this change and does not create a balance item spec with the updated credit profile.
ECE should update/create (if does not exist) the BalanceItemSpec for FREE_SMS resource with the updated Credit Profile.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a daily bundle product on PDC which will grant lets say 100 Free SMS everyday (granted as a non-currency balance element. For e.g.. "FREE_SMS") and sync it to ECE.
2. Create a customer and purchase the plan/deal containing the daily bundle product.
3. Ensure that the balance for this service does not have any BalanceItemSpec or BalanceItems for FREE_SMS resource as no usage has been done for the service.
4. Set the fixed thresholds for this customer for the FREE_SMS resource as 80.
5. Check that BRM sends the update request to update the Credit Profile for this resource for this customer.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms