Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11.2.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version,
EM Gateway goes into infinite loop of resending the request to ECE if the customer does not exist in ECE cache but the PublicUserIdentity exists.
* This happened after restarting the ECS nodes one after the other during which, some customers were lost during re-partitioning but the PublicUserIdentity remained.
* When a balance inquiry is triggered from BRM through EM Gateway, EM Gateway will retry the request endlessly and not come out at all.
* Also, any other requests tried during this time will also be not processed.
Steps to reproduce:
1. After ECE system is brought up, delete a customer from "Customer" cache leaving behind it's PublicUserIdentity.
delete from Customer where key()='';
2. Trigger a balance inquiry from BRM through EM gateway for that PublicUserIdentity.
0 PIN_FLD_POID POID  0.0.0.1 /service/telco/gsm/telephony 0
0 PIN_FLD_MODE ENUM  1
0 PIN_FLD_LOGIN STR  ""
0 PIN_FLD_START_T TSTAMP  (1433397562) Thu Jun 4 13:59:22 2015
0 PIN_FLD_BALANCES ARRAY [*] allocated 20, used 1
1 PIN_FLD_CURRENT_BAL DECIMAL  0.000000000000000
Observe from EM Gateway logs that the request is attempted infinitely.
3. Try triggering a balance inquiry a few times for another customer which is existing in ECE. This request is not processed consistently.
EM Gateway shouldn't go into infinite loop
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms