Last updated on OCTOBER 16, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS), a serial number which does not exist in Store Inventory Management (SIM) is incorrectly allowed to be added.
- ORPOS is connected to SIM. All the applications are up and running.
- AS_ITM_STK.FL_SRZ_CRT_EXT should be 0 for the serialized item and the serial# must exist in SIM.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Ring a Serialized item from Sell Item screen.
- ORPOS prompts the user to enter Serial Number at Serialized Item screen.
- Enter a Serial Number which exists in SIM (with 'In Stock' status). Serial Number is associated with the item.
- Select that item and click on Item > Serial Number button. ORPOS displays Serialized Item screen (with Serial Number entered earlier already present).
- Change this number to any value not existing in SIM and press Next button.
- ORPOS displays Invalid Serial Number screen. Press Enter button.
- ORPOS displays Serialized Item screen. Press Undo button to come back to Item Options screen.
- Press Undo button to come back to Sell Item screen.
- ORPOS displays incorrect Serial Number at Sell Item screen now. After completing the transaction (with this incorrect serial number), ORPOS sends the transaction to SIM, which fails.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms