POS Allows Cash Return During Layaway Delete If Layaway Create Was Done By Debit
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) allows for a Cash refund on a return layaway even if the original layaway create was performed by Debit Card tender.
Refund tender for Debit Card should be set to the following:
- PARAMETER final="N" hidden="N" name="RefundTenderForDebitPayment" type="LIST"
Steps to Reproduce:
- Click on Transaction >> Layaway >> New button.
- Link a customer to the transaction.
- Add items to the transaction.
- Click on Tender button.
- Select Location and press Next button.
- Complete the transaction with Debit Card tender.
- Click on Transaction >> Layaway >> Find button.
- Retrieve the Layaway transaction by Layaway No or Customer Information. Layaway is retrieved and listed on Layaway List screen.
- Click on Delete button.
- POS prompts for confirmation. Press Yes button.
- Press Next button at Refund Detail screen.
As per parameter (RefundTenderForDebitPayment) setting, POS should not allow a Cash refund for this scenario.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms